Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Minecraft: The Eye of Sauron

So after making the monster trap I had a lot of cobblestone left over so I decided to make a tower.  I couldn't find a spot that I liked to build it on, so I decided to make an island.  

Next I laid down a basic outline and started building.  The tower is about thirteen by thirteen and is as circular as I could make it with cubic building materials.




Next I just filled the rest in by jumping repeatedly and laying down blocks, creating straight vertical lines.

At this point I decided to make the tower a little different then I had originally intended, so I took some inspiration from The Lord of the Rings and built this.

 
I then made a giant floating glass sphere and, using obsidian for a pupil and magma for an eye, I transformed the sphere into a pupil.

And there you have it.  The tower makes a great landmark as it is as tall as the game allows for, and has a massive ball of fire at its top.  Next I am going to go exploring and documenting any interesting landscapes that I encounter.  If anyone has any build suggestions leave them in the comments section and I will try to get around to them.   
 

3 comments:

  1. You forgot to build the lego bottle of visine for the lego eye. He's gotta spend all day and all night looking around for that ring you know, strains that eye a lot.

    ReplyDelete